Do you want to join a leading force in the computer graphics industry? Lightworks are currently seeking a driven junior 3D artist as we continue to grow from strength to strength.
The role has two primary objectives:
- To assist in the creation of stunning images, animations and marketing materials for internal and external customers.
- To generate content to support the VR and SDK products, this includes content such as material libraries, backplate images, HDRIs and 3D environments.
We undertake 3D visualisation work for external customers. This work is primarily done using the Iray for 3ds Max render plugin, but not exclusively. Other modelling and rendering applications may be used depending on the client’s requirements. We require a self-motivated individual with a creative flair and knowledge to take projects from a customer brief, estimate time required and liaise with the Senior 3D Artist throughout the project, and deliver the final results in a timely manner and to the highest standards.
We also generate content to support our marketing team in selling our services, applications and products. Content is in the form of images, animations, realistic materials, HDRIs for lighting, and images for backplates – for use across the SDK and Slipstream products.
It is expected that the individual will become an internal user of new products based around both the rendering engine and Slipstream, and provide testing and feedback to the development teams. As such, this role will form part of the commercial support team and will be involved in all the above usage cases, but also work closely with the company's development teams.
- Assist in creation of stills and animations for external clients.
- Assist in creation of marketing support materials and presentations for use by the commercial team – still images and animations.
- Generation of content for use within the shipped products.
- 3D modelling.
- Internal power user of applications built on the rendering engine.
- Creation of content for VR experiences.
- Testing and user feedback on new products developed around the rendering engine.
- Awareness and benchmarking of competitive products.
- Attend exhibitions, conferences and user groups as required
- Be an advocate of our products to the wider visualisation community.